High Jump, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing academic enrichment to talented middle school students with limited income, is seeking an energetic and innovative individual with strong leadership and organizational skills to oversee the High Jump program at one campus with 120 students.
The Campus Director is responsible for training and supervising site faculty, typically between 12 to 25 staff members; creating a culture of achievement; developing meaningful relationships with families; recruiting and managing volunteers; refining and implementing curricula; recruiting and selecting students; coordinating campus logistics; and playing an integral role in High Jump’s ongoing program and organizational development.
This position reports directly to the Program Director.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the High Jump program at one campus
- Serve as a leader and spokesperson for the campus
- Build high-quality relationships with school and community partners
- Coordinate program activities and key events including the Parent and Student Orientation, student leadership retreat, educational field trips, High School Choice programming, the Academic Expo, and the Moving Up Ceremony
- Manage site budget, purchase materials needed for program, track all expenses, create monthly expense reports and oversee timesheet compliance
- Manage reenrollment process for returning students
- Manage schedules of academic program and all faculty members
- Supervise teachers, teacher assistants, interns, and volunteers
- Facilitate pre-planning and post wrap-up session meetings and regularly scheduled faculty meetings
- Conduct teacher observations, offer instructional support, and track curriculum
- Track academic progress of all students
- Maintain contact with students and their families through regular phone/e-mail communication and on-campus events
- Facilitate parent/teacher conference meetings
- Oversee submission of student grades and evaluation reports by teachers for all students
- Recruit students through school and community presentations and by developing relationships with key contacts in youth organizations
- Organize and execute recruitment events: community and educator forums
- Participate in the selection and admissions of students
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Advancement with Board of Trustees and donor relations
- Foster positive relationships with each student on campus
- Assist students and families with high school application and admissions process; assure that all students are following High Jump’s high school application requirements
- Collaborate with other Campus Directors on High Jump wide activities and events
The role requires three to five years of teaching and/or leadership experience in a school or out-of-school time organization. She/he must be committed to, and have experience working with under served youth and passionate teachers. Strong leadership and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and handle high-pressure situations. She/he should have outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. A commitment to the High Jump mission and vision are essential. Flexibility, a sense of humor, high energy, and dedication to collaboration are all desired qualities. Familiarity with Content Management and Learning Management Systems are a plus. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Campus Directors are expected to make a commitment of at least two years and work on Saturdays at leas twice a month throughout the year.
Organization: High Jump is a tuition-free, two-year, academic enrichment program for talented and motivated middle grade students with limited family income.The program, founded in 1989, prepares students for top parochial, public, and independent college preparatory schools.
Location: 59 W. North Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60610
Annual Salary: Negotiable, Competitive, Outstanding Benefits
Interested candidates should apply through: https://www.paycomonline.net/
High Jump is an equal opportunity employer.