HOW TO APPLY
Sixth grade students must submit a complete application (see Application Checklist), a copy of a current 6th grade report card, a copy of the final 5th grade report card and a copy of his/her 5th grade standardized test scores.
Parents/guardians must provide proof of income and complete financial eligibility forms.
Once the application is reviewed, High Jump will interview a select number of students and their parents. Candidates are notified of acceptance by May 2017.
The 2016/2017 High Jump Student Application is now closed. Starting on February 16, we are no longer accepting new student applications for the year.
If you have any questions, please contact High Jump at 312.582.7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Forms
- Parent Questionnaire
- Student Essay– handwritten and printed neatly by student
- Completed Financial Eligibility Forms including detailed copies of all pages and Schedules of your 2013 and 2014 filed 1040 Federal Income Tax Forms; copies of all 2013, 2014 and 2015 W-2s, and/or 1099/1099R Forms.
*NOTE: 2015 filed 1040 Federal Income Tax Forms may be requested on a case-by-case basis
- Applicable items listed in the below Proof of Income Section. A paycheck stub or State 1040 is NOT accepted as proof of income.
- Transcript Release Statement Form – complete the top portion and submit to applicant’s school office. Transcripts must include 4th-6th grades. 5th AND 6th grade report cards
- Standardized Tests: 5th grade NWEA MAP, Terra Nova, and/or other standardized test scores
- English Teacher Recommendation (signature across sealed envelope)*
- Math Teacher Recommendation (signature across sealed envelope)*
- Counselor/Principal Recommendation (signature across sealed envelope)*
*Make sure the student name is on each recommendation form. One recommender per form. A teacher may complete both a Math and English recommendation only if he/she teaches both subjects and can detail a student’s performance in both subject areas.
PROOF OF INCOME DOCUMENTS
If taxes were not filed, you must provide a notarized letter detailing the reason, and provide the following forms/documentation, as applicable:
- Signed, official copies of 2013 and 2014 1040 Federal Income Tax Forms (include all pages/schedules submitted to IRS)
- 2013, 2014 and 2015 W-2s and/or 2012, 2013 and 2014 1099/1099R Forms
- Public Aid proof of public assistance from the Illinois Department of Health and Family Services
- Statement of Social Security Benefits 2013 and 2014
- Statement of foster care from Social Services
- Unemployment notice/statement of unemployment
- Statement of child support payments
- A copy of a valid Medicaid I.D. card (indicating candidate’s coverage)
- A current Link/Food Stamp voucher
- Proof of SSI (Supplementary Security Income) (indicating candidate’s coverage)
- Proof of Special Population Group (i.e. Social Security)
- Copy of Divorce decree (if applicable)