Please see below for our current openings.
High Jump Campus Manager
High Jump, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing academic enrichment to talented middle school students with limited income, is seeking an energetic and innovative individual with strong leadership and organizational skills to manage the High Jump program at one campus with 120 students.
The Campus Manager is responsible for supervising site faculty, typically between 30-40 staff members; creating a culture of achievement; developing meaningful relationships with families; refining and implementing curricula; recruiting and selecting students; coordinating campus logistics; and playing an integral role in High Jump’s ongoing program and organizational development. The Campus Manager reports directly to the Chief Programs Officer.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the High Jump program at one campus during the Summer
- Session (6 weeks in the summer) and on Saturday Sessions (2-3 Saturdays per month)
- Plan and collaborate with the program team to prepare for summer and school year programming which may include, but is not limited to: teacher recruitment and hiring, parent presentations, scheduling, ordering supplies and materials, etc.
- Serve as a leader and spokesperson for the campus and lead professional development
- Become the primary point of contact for campus faculty, parents and students
- Build high-quality relationships with school and community partners during recruitment season
- Support the program team in coordinating activities
- Manage site budget, purchase materials needed for program, track all expenses, create monthly expense reports and oversee timesheet compliance
- Manage student and parent data and information as related to your campus
- Manage schedules of academic program and all faculty members
- Supervise teachers, teacher assistants, interns, and volunteers during the summer and Saturday sessions
- Facilitate regularly scheduled faculty meetings
- Track academic progress of all students
- Maintain contact with students and their families through regular phone/e-mail communication and on-campus events
- Oversee and support academic and social emotional growth of students
- Assist with recruiting students through school and community presentations and by developing relationships with key contacts in youth organizations and school, execute recruitment events alongside the program team and recruitment manager
- Participate in the selection and admissions of students
- Work collaboratively with Campus Managers at the other sites and with the Chief Programs Officer to ensure the development and execution of quality programming for all students
The role requires three to five years of teaching and/or leadership experience in a school or out-of-school-time organization. She/he must be committed to, and have experience working with students and passionate teachers. Strong leadership and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and handle high-pressure situations. She/he should have outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. A commitment to the High Jump mission and vision are essential. Flexibility, a sense of humor, high energy, and dedication to collaboration are all desired qualities. Familiarity with Content Management and Learning Management Systems are a plus. A bachelor’s degree is required.
The Campus Manager is expected to make a commitment to work on Saturdays twice a month, September through May.
To apply, please email [email protected] a .pdf or .doc format of the following: a cover letter, résumé, three references and salary history. No phone calls please.
High Jump is an equal opportunity employer.